Proper Leash Care And Use
- In your left hand hold the leash approximately 1 foot from the snap depending on the height of the dog, and place the handle in your right hand.
- Keep the leash slack if the dog pulls it tight give the leash a sharp tug and then release immediately.
- The dogs shoulder should stay equal with your knee.
- Never let the leash drag.
- Never let the dog chew on the leash.
- Hand wash the leash in cool water with mild detergent as needed.
- Occasionally very carefully melt the fine hairs that develop on a leash with a lighter by bringing the flame close, but DO NOT TOUCH THE FLAME TO THE LEASH.
- Do not wash in warm or hot water as the leash may shrink.